Shiloh Cabinets: Reviews, Prices, and Tips
Kitchen and bathroom cabinets are a major investment in your home. With so many options to choose from, selecting the right cabinetry can be overwhelming. Shiloh cabinets are a popular choice among homeowners and designers for their quality craftsmanship, customizability, and wide range of styles. This in-depth guide provides everything you need to know about Shiloh cabinets, including reviews, prices, and tips for choosing the perfect Shiloh cabinets for your home.
An Introduction to Shiloh Cabinets
Shiloh Cabinets has been a leading manufacturer of custom cabinets for over 40 years. Founded in 1977, the company started as a small family-owned business in Missouri and has since grown to become one of the most recognized names in the industry. Shiloh Cabinets prides itself on its commitment to quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, and innovative design. The company offers a wide range of cabinet styles and finishes to suit any taste and budget, making it an ideal choice for homeowners and interior designers alike.
One of the things that sets Shiloh Cabinets apart from other cabinet manufacturers is its focus on customization. Unlike many mass-produced cabinets that offer limited options for size, style, and finish, Shiloh Cabinets allows customers to choose from a vast array of design options. This means that you can create a kitchen that is truly unique and tailored to your specific needs and preferences.
In addition to its customization options, Shiloh Cabinets is also known for its high-quality materials and construction. The company uses only the finest hardwoods, such as maple, cherry, oak, and hickory, as well as premium plywood for added durability. Each cabinet is built by skilled craftsmen who take pride in their workmanship and pay close attention to detail.
Shiloh Cabinet Reviews and Reputation
With Shiloh Cabinetry being in business for over 60 years and providing cabinetry all over North America, there are many reviews available online that offer insights into their products and reputation. Overall, Shiloh receives overwhelmingly positive feedback for their cabinets’ quality, service, and value.
Here are some highlights from Shiloh cabinet reviews:
- Consistent praise for quality – Reviewers repeatedly mention the solid construction, durability, smooth drawers/doors, and attention to detail from Shiloh’s craftsmanship. The cabinets hold up well over time even with heavy use.
- Great customer service – Many reviews highlight Shiloh’s helpful customer service throughout the design, ordering, and installation process. They provide guidance to happy customers.
- Wide range of style options – Reviewers love the variety of door styles from traditional to contemporary that Shiloh offers to fit any home’s aesthetic.
- Reasonable prices – Considering the fully custom and American made cabinets, most reviews find Shiloh’s prices fair and report good value for the quality.
- Excellent warranty – Shiloh’s lifetime limited warranty on their cabinetry gives customers confidence they stand behind their products.
While no cabinet brand is perfect, the vast majority of Shiloh reviews reflect craftsmanship that lasts, flexible options to suit needs, and overall excellent value. Many of the reviews describe an extremely positive, smooth ordering and installation process as well.
Shiloh Cabinet Pricing and Cost Considerations
Pricing is often an important factor when selecting new cabinets. As a made-in-America custom product, prices for Shiloh cabinets are in the mid to high range, but the quality materials and construction justify the investment for most homeowners. Here is an overview of what impacts the pricing and some averages:
- Fully custom vs. semi-custom – Fully customized cabinets are more expensive than picking a standard size and layout. Semi-custom provides a more budget-friendly option.
- Type of wood – Oak, maple, hickory and cherry vary in cost. More exotic woods increase the price.
- Door style and finish – Elaborate door designs, applied moulding, and specialty finishes add cost. Painted cabinets are the most economical door style.
- Accessories and storage features – Additional drawers, roll outs, glass doors, and organizational inserts add price.
- Market and location – Prices vary slightly by geographical market due to distribution costs.
On average, homeowners report spending around $150 – $300 per linear foot for Shiloh semi-custom cabinets installed. Fully customized designs may range from $200 on up per linear foot. The total cost for an entire kitchen or bathroom remodel depends on the size, layout, features selected, and geographical area.
Shiloh offers high quality at reasonable prices, especially for custom work. Getting an exact quote narrows down the pricing for your specific project.
Tips for Designing and Buying Shiloh Cabinets
Tips for Designing Your Shiloh Cabinetry
The best way to end up with your dream kitchen or bath is to put thought and care into the design process. Here are helpful tips:
- Take measurements and create floor plans of the space early on. Knowing room dimensions helps plan layouts and cabinet sizes accurately. Include windows, doors, and all fixtures in the plans.
- Determine how you use the space and what you’d like to change or improve. This guides functional cabinetry decisions like storage needs or new organization features.
- Gather inspiration photos of Shiloh cabinets, kitchens, or bathrooms with a look you love to show your designer. This visual aid helps them understand your preferred door styles, finishes, and layout aesthetics.
- Decide on a style – traditional, contemporary, transitional, modern, coastal, etc. This provides direction for choosing complementary door designs and hardware.
- Mix up depths, heights, and widths of cabinetry. Varied dimensions add visual interest and ergonomic function.
- Carefully plan the kitchen work triangle (fridge-sink-stove spacing) for optimal use if remodeling a kitchen.
- Choose cabinet hardware like knobs or pulls last after finalizing the door styles. This ensures everything coordinates.
- Look for ways to maximize efficiency and storage in the space with specialty pull outs, drawer organizers, lazy susans, and other inserts.
Taking the time to think through details results in a Shiloh kitchen or bath designed just for you.
Tips for Purchasing Shiloh Cabinets
Once you’ve designed your dream space, here are tips for purchasing Shiloh Cabinetry:
- Find an authorized Shiloh dealer to place your order, view product samples, and get professional design advice.
- Plan on visiting a Shiloh showroom if possible to get a close look at cabinet construction and finish options. Being able to inspect their quality first-hand is ideal.
- Get quotes from 2-3 dealers and negotiate pricing. Be sure to compare the same specifications.
- Ask your dealer questions and understand timeframes. Custom cabinetry takes 4-6 weeks for production and delivery after an order is finalized.
- For kitchen remodeling, you generally need to order all cabinetry at once for best results versus a piecemeal approach. Discuss timelines with your contractor.
- Consider ordering 1-2 extra cabinets for future flexibility or as backup if any damage occurs. Returns are difficult with custom cabinetry.
- Pay attention to the warranty and what it covers – Shiloh provides lifetime limited warranty protection.
- For peace of mind, secure contractors experienced in installing custom cabinetry rather than the lowest bidders. An expert installation ensures your investment looks its best.
Doing your homework on the front end and asking the right questions leads to a smooth purchasing process and exciting end results with your Shiloh cabinetry.
FAQ About Shiloh Cabinets
What types of cabinets does Shiloh offer?
Shiloh manufactures kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, home office cabinets, laundry room cabinets, garage storage cabinets, entertainment centers, and whole home cabinetry. They offer wall, base, tall, and vanity cabinets in a wide array of sizes.
Does Shiloh provide fully assembled cabinets?
Yes, Shiloh cabinets come fully constructed, finished, and ready for installation. The cabinets simply need to be hung on the wall by a professional. The hinges, doors, and accessories are all pre-installed at their factory.
What warranty is included with Shiloh cabinets?
Shiloh provides a limited lifetime warranty on their cabinetry. This covers defects in materials and craftsmanship. Limitations apply for improper installation, care, or commercial use.
Does Shiloh sell directly to consumers?
No, Shiloh sells their cabinetry exclusively through authorized kitchen and bath showrooms and dealers. The dealers provide the design experience, evaluate project needs, place orders, and manage installation.
How long does it take to receive Shiloh cabinets after ordering?
On average, expect a 4 to 6 week lead time for production and shipping after finalizing design selections. More complex projects may take slightly longer. Communicate time constraints to your dealer.
What types of customizations can be done with Shiloh cabinets?
Nearly every aspect of Shiloh cabinets can be customized – sizes, layouts, door styles, finishes, wood species, and accessories. This flexibility lets you tailor the cabinets exactly as needed.
Where are Shiloh cabinets manufactured?
Shiloh Cabinetry headquarters, manufacturing facilities, and main showroom are located in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA. They pride themselves on American made craftsmanship.
How much do Shiloh cabinets cost?
Pricing depends on the type of cabinets and level of customization selected. Typical installed costs range $150 – $300 per linear foot. Many factors influence the final cost, so getting a quote for your specific project is recommended.
When selecting kitchen or bathroom cabinets, having the right information helps guide smart purchasing decisions. Shiloh Cabinetry stands as an excellent choice among cabinet brands for their quality, service, American craftsmanship, and endless design possibilities to make your space truly unique.
From style inspiration to pricing insight, this detailed guide on Shiloh cabinets reviews, prices, and tips provides everything you need to evaluate if Shiloh is the right fit for your next remodeling project. Their 60+ year reputation for delivering stunning and functional cabinetry, backed by a lifetime warranty, brings peace of mind that your investment will last for years to come.
With some thoughtful planning during the design process paired with the skill of Shiloh’s craftsmen and women, you’ll love living in the personalized kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Choose Shiloh cabinets and infuse your home with quality that reflects your style.